As per an e-book published by Linkedin, 85% of B2B marketing leads from social media come through Linkedin. Almost 97% of B2B marketers use this platform for content marketing. Undoubtedly Linkedin can be called the goldmine for B2B companies. From influencers to experienced decision-makers, anyone you would ever want to target can be easily found on Linkedin. It is one of the most-used platforms and is also listed in Fortune 500 companies.
In this article, we will share 5 best practices of B2B companies by which they do the best use of Linkedin.
On Linkedin, Video Marketing Works:-
Videos are one of the most engaging content formats on social media platforms and Linkedin is an exception. According to a study on video consumption on Linkedin, Posts with video attract 3 times more people than other types of posts.
Linkedin stats show that users spent more time watching videos than viewing static content. Thus, it is believed that videos are one of the most effective types of content format that helps B2B companies in improving their Linkedin marketing strategy. With the help of video content, they can also promote their products and services.
Some of the best practices of video posting are:-
- The companies can post videos such as industry best practices, where they can publish one practice video or can say something like a teaser. In the next video, they can give a recap of 30 seconds at the starting of the video regarding the previous post.
- You can also utilize softer content showcasing your workplace-related videos, Which will help in gaining a strong user base.
Maintaining consistency in posts:-
Being consistent is very important for any company to find success on social media channels. According to Linkedin’s feed algorithm pages with relevant posts have greater chances of getting more user base. Moreover posting regularly helps you in keeping good relations with your followers. One post a day is good enough for a B2B company for creating good relations with users.
Here are few things a B2B brand must keep in mind:-
- Keep a healthy mix of posts, Post content related to new trends, workplace, and other kinds of stuff
- Keep a close eye on post engagements on the Linkedin analytics tab and increase or decrease the frequency of posts based on the monthly results.
- Use content suggestion tabs on your company page to create relevant and vital posts on trending topics.
- Do thorough research on day and time, depending upon your company’s targeted location.
- Create a social media calendar for Linkedin and make the best use of the same for better results
Use Linkedin’s content aggregator platform — Pulse:-
Pulse is Linkedin’s own online news aggregation feed, this helps in generating blogs for posts, insights, and news from businesses and industry professionals. The articles suggested by pulse are very effective and user attractive. This helps in establishing leadership quality, especially for business leaders and B2B companies. So before leveraging the power of this unique feature here are some tips:-
- Identify the members of your organization with a writing disposition.
- Publish consistently to build up momentum.
- Creating a post-publication calendar at the start of the month.
Use of relevant Hashtags:-
The hashtag feature has now become essential in Linkedin. This helps in promoting engagement and professional connections. They help the Linkedin algorithm to better categorize and organize and filter the content. Hashtags also contribute to improving the SEO, which means it also helps your business posts appear on top of Google search results. Here are some pro tips which one should follow before using the Hashtags:-
- Use relevant hashtags in your posts, this makes it easier for the audience is searching for the same topic to find your content.
- 3–4 hashtags are good enough for a Linkedin post. They should be short, easy, and relevant.
Focus on quality rather than quantity:-
While consistency is important, posting good and relevant content is also important. As per stats, 65% of Linkedin members say they engage with content because they are relevant and are very informative. So from this, it is clear that quality plays an important role in engaging more users. This helps in creating a perception of your brand based on the kind of content the page shares.
Here are some tips to maintain the quality of the posts:-
- Create content and posts that are useful, relevant, and resonate with your targeted audience.
- Appealing content formats such as carousels, GIFs, and short videos help in getting the right attraction and user base.
- Make sure that the posted content isn’t too sales-oriented or promotional.
So these are the 5 best practices by which a B2B company can leverage the power of Linkedin. If you know more techniques then share the same in the comment section.